About Me

My photo
My passion is Creating! I have been fortunate to work with some of the leaders in the Craft and Hobby Industry. See my Creative Resume by clicking on "My Creative Resume".

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Blog Hop Day 1!!!

Make sure and start at the beginning of the blog hop! If you have started here back up and go to
Then tomorrow check out the continuation of the blog hop with Laura. Each member of the design team will then have posted where to go next! But here are some of the creations I have made for the Blog Hop with Dreamweaver Stencils!
This card was done by Dry Embossing the wheat using a light box. I love the elegance of dry embossing! I then added hints of color with ink and fiber. I also used my Fiskars leaf edge punch to add interest!
http://www.dreamweaverstencils.com/ll_stencils/pages/page_183.html




This next card was done by stenciling with PanPastels by ColorFin the wheat in the background the misting with Memory Mist ink. I then used the black matte paste to emboss the scarecrow. After dry I went back over the the stenciled image with some glue ink and then applied various colors of Metallic FX (also from Dreamweaver) The final touch was a bit of Diamond Glaze on the face! (The stamp is by The Peddlar's Pack Stampworks)

http://www.dreamweaverstencils.com/lg_stencils/pages/page_66.html

Again on this card I stenciled with the PanPastels. I love the way they spread! I then took my Translucent Paste and went over the top of the stencil!



So fall may be in the air but I had a great challenge with the following stencil! I LOVE IT!


This is a fun card but has a lot of steps! I will have the full instructions for this card next week after the Blog Hop for all who are interested.



http://www.dreamweaverstencils.com/lg_stencils/pages/page_50.htmlOther

Other Stencils Used...



http://www.dreamweaverstencils.com/lj_stencils/pages/page_80.html

http://www.dreamweaverstencils.com/lm_stencils/pages/page_64.html

To order any of the above listed stencils or other designs, paste and accesories go to:



I will also be in Topeka, KS, this weekend teaching and using Dreamweaver Stencils. I will have a have a small trunk show there as well. Hope to see you there!



BLOG HOP INFO
We want you to have the chance to win YOUR favorite stencil, embossing paste and Metallic F/X color... for each time you post along the hop, you need to leave a comment on the site where the newest creation is offered, then go to the Dreamweaver site here http://www.dreamweaverstencils.com/, choose the stencil you like best, identify it to us, tell us why it's your favorite, and how you think you'd use it. Just be sure you comment on each blog along the hop..make sure your comments count for winning! Information today...then October 1st you hop!

BLOG CANDY... HOW TO GET IT!
For each time you comment on different blogs, you need to choose a different stencil as a favorite, your favorite paste and your favorite Metallic F/X color...just in case you win more than once! At the end of the three days,each member of the Dream Team will choose a random entry to win and post it on their site by midnight of the next day October 4.

ANOTHER OPPORTUNITY FOR CANDY
Hoppers are encouraged to comment once on each designer's blog throughout the blog hop. Each time you do so will give you one opportunity to win what's on offer at that blog. For an additional entry, you're invited to sign up to be followers of the Dream it Up Blog, right here. So, with eleven designers, this gives you the potential of twenty-two chances to win! All winners will be selected by Random.org, and posted on each designer's blog by midnight Monday.

BLOG HOP SCHEDULE
It is not imperative to follow this schedule, but different designers will be posting their creations on different days, so take one last look on Sunday to make sure you've taken advantage for all the opportunities to win blog candy ...now enjoy these designer's "treats", and here is their schedule:

OCT 1ST

Deborah
Georgia
Kim
Kristi

OCT 2ND
Laura http://www.rememberinglifesmoments.blogspot.com/

Lee
Liz
Louise


OCT 3RD

Pam
Terrece
Wendy






26 comments:

  1. Oooohhh, FABULOUS Kristi! LOVE the ways you've used the scarecrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These cards are AWESOME Kristi!!! I love the Easter one. I will have to put that darling Easter egg on my list of needs!! hehe... Great stuff girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The new wheat stencil is one of my favorites, and the scarecrow looks great with it! Beautiful projects.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love what you did with the egg. Almost Faberge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the way you've combined stencils, and you've given me some ideas for using the egg . . . never too early to start planning for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great work, Kristi! I love the scarecrow - he's perfect! And your Easter card is a showstopper!
    Good luck this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like palm tree stencil and glossy paste with ivy garden fx for cards

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Scarecrow came out fantastic. I'm going to have to put it on my list to get. Where did you get your PanPastels? Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your wheat and scarecrow! Your technique is very interesting. However, I would have to say that my favorites would be: Lace Border stencil, Glossy Black embossing paste and Kimono Red Metallic F/X.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kristi I love your cards, you have definately given me new inspiration for my wheat stencil and now I going to have to add the egg to my list of stencils I need.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your cards -- and the first two feature one of my stencils on my "wish" list -- the LL3008 Tall Wheat (along with my other favorites of the Matte yellow embossing paste and Cocoa metallic F/X. I think these three items would work great together.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a happy scarecrow card! Way cute, sista.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Kristi, Your cards are great, and I especially like the Easter card. If I were to win, my continued wish list is: LG652 Church in the Valley, Regular Embossing Paste & Metallic FX13, Sapphire. I would use this stencil as a Sympathy, Think of you, Baptism and Congrats entering the ministry card. Linda E.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Been thinking of you all week...hope things are going well in Topeka. THanks for all your beautiful designs here on the BLOG HOP...you are an amazing energizer bunny Kristi. AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The wheat stencil is one of my favorites, but the 2nd scarecrow card is my favorite card today! The colors are so beautifully blended - it is a true work of art, and you chose a great verse to add at the bottom. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The egg stencil is one of my favorites, and you did an amazing job with the entire card - I'm looking forward to seeing how you did it! I am hoping to win one of the new stencils, LL3009 Christmas. I'd also love to try the Glossy Black embossing paste and FX Moonstone.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Kristi,

    Combining the two stencils, wheat and scarecrow, worked terrific. I love your use of color, especially on the egg card. If selected my choice of blog candy would be stencil LL 3005 Holly and Swirls, translucent paste, and the Kiwi F/X. I love the openness of the holly leaves. I would like to try to add a little pattern inside the leaves covered with the paste. Add some red berries and a little ribbon...Christmas cards are ready!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The Easter card is beautiful. I can't wait for the detailed instructions!

    If I was lucky enough to be chosen for blog candy, I'd choose: Large Flourish (LJ896), glossy blue embossing paste & FX13 Sapphire!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Will have to try the Pan Pastels as you've inspired me. Have some, but haven't used.
    If I were to win: LG663, Peace On Earth, translucent paste, and FX12 Glacier Lake.
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh that scarecrow has the most charming smile... wonderful card and stencil!

    I'm partial to the LL 471 Leaf icons stencil, DGP Metaillic Gold embossing paste, and FX02 Amber glow Mica powders

    ReplyDelete
  21. Pretty cards! I'm really loving the scarecrow. Your sentiment stamp is so nice too! If I win I'd love to have the FX02 Amber Glow metallic f/x, some glossy black paste and LJ849 Bare Trees plate.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I forgot to leave my favorites yesterday on my post so I'm back! I would love:
    LJ896 Large Flourish
    White glossy paste
    Kimono red FX for use on Christmas cards - of course! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the dry embossing. I keep forgetting about suing stencils that way..Always seem to paste them. Your "egg" is beautiful .I don't know that I would think to stencil it in that way. Turned out lovely! I would like the flowers and leaves stencil. Think I could make some versatile birthday cards with it. Also some copper paste and eye of the tiger mica would be fun to experiment with!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the scarecrow in the wheat fields! That is so awesome! My favorites right now are LJ 849 Bare Trees, Copper paste, and Cocoa fx.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love your scarecrow too! Halloween & Fall is my favorite time of year. I bought the scrarecrow stencil not too long ago and now I really want to get it out and make something cool. I love how you cut things out and layer your cards too! I have not seen anyone that as much as here. What great inspiration you give! I just signed up to follow the Dream It Up blog as well. Some of my newest favorites are the LG 649 Kaleidoscope, metallic silver paste and kiwi fx. Not sure what to do with it yet, but I think that round design would be great popped out on the front of the card.

    ReplyDelete

How has this inspired you?