About Me

My photo
My passion is Creating! I have been fortunate to work with some of the leaders in the Craft and Hobby Industry. See my Creative Resume by clicking on "My Creative Resume".

Monday, November 16, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

Well, for now the computer is working and I have changed my mind! I decided to post a Thanksgiving card for inspiration! I love cards that have a lot of layers. I think it makes them more interesting and gives them a rich look. This card I started with a rust base card, layered the brown then added the ochre. For interest I added the stamped flourish on the right side of the ochre panel and embossed it with Egyptian gold embossing powder (Judikins). I stamped the cornucopia in sepia ink on off white card stock and stamped the saying centered above the image. I made sure the image was dry and colored it with watercolor pencils. I layered the image on the same color as the base card to finish. You could add fibers or edging if you desired just for fun! Of course I love making cards this time of year. Love the fall colors! All of the images used in this card are by Prickley Pear Rubber Stamps! I love the classic/whimsy mix! Happy Creating! Kristi

No comments:

Post a Comment

How has this inspired you?