About Me

My photo
My passion is Creating! I have been fortunate to work with some of the leaders in the Craft and Hobby Industry. See my Creative Resume by clicking on "My Creative Resume".

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Ever have one of those nights?

So here I sit at 4:30am. Can't sleep even with the meds to shut the brain off it is still racing! I was looking at some cards I had done and still come back to this one. I love this tree for many reasons. First, I love the fall colors. Not that I have enjoyed the fall as much as usual this year, but it is still fabulous. And this stencil by Dreamweaver is classic! Second, this tree has character. It is not the perfectly formed tree. It has gone through time and has been formed by nature...wind, sun and time. Thirdly, it would provide shade for a warm day of sun. You could sit under this tree for a picnic with your family, a solitary moment to reflect or to escape into a book and travel far from where you are. I tried to remember what I was thinking of when I created this card. I don't remember exactly but now viewing this simple tree, I think of all the changes in the seasons of my life. The color of life in the bright moments and the more subdued tones of loss. I love to create! I enjoy an outlet that enables me to express so much. It may just be a card to some, but to me, it reminds me to live each day to the fullest because it is ever changing!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! I love trees and autumn, love seeing your creations...do you still have this stencil?
    love ya
    Linda

    ReplyDelete

How has this inspired you?